14 May Steps to take when your car is hit by hail
What to Do After a Hail Storm?
First, if a hail storm strikes, don’t go out in the storm to try to protect your property. You could be injured.
1- Assess the damage
• Check your car for dents and broken or cracked glass. Look down at an angle when assessing damage.
2- Remember Date of Loss (DOL) and Time.
3- Protect your property from further damage.
• If you find signs that hail has battered your property, take immediate steps to protect it from further damage.
• Cover any broken glass in your car to prevent damage to the interior from rain and remove glass from the car’s interior to prevent cuts in upholstery and carpet.
4- File your claim
• Contact your auto insurance provider to see if the hail damage repair is covered in your policy. Different insurance companies handle hail claims differently. Follow up with your agent if you do not know where to start the claim process.
• To save time and hassle, let Firehouse Dent help you file your claim. It only takes a few minutes.
• If your agent or company requests you to do so, follow up your call with a written explanation of what happened.
If you decide to file the claim before coming to Firehouse Dent, let your insurance agent know that Firehouse Dent is your repair shop of choice.
5- Select a repair company, Firehouse Dent
• After an insurance adjuster has surveyed the hail damage to your property, select a auto body shop to make repairs.
• Be wary of out-of-town auto hail damage shops who move into an area and set up shop following a storm. While most of these firms are reputable, some have collected money from customers and moved on to the next storm site without paying suppliers or leaving work unfinished. This can leave customers holding the bag for those additional costs. It’s a good idea to select a company with established credibility and local references. Word of mouth is still your best guide.
• Firehouse Dent is your local, auto hail damage repair company. Give us a call to schedule your appointment today.
6- Bring your vehicle into Firehouse Dent to get an estimate
• After you bring your vehicle in, we will clean the exterior to ensure the best estimate can be given.
• We will walk around the vehicle with you and note any prior damages.
• After the paperwork is complete, we will set you up with a rental vehicle.
7- Get your rental car
• If your insurance provider does not cover the cost of the rental, Firehouse Dent will cover the cost for you.
8- We will take it from here.
• The repair process varies depending on the severity of your vehicle’s damages. It usually takes about 1-5 business days.
• Firehouse Dent will do an initial estimate on your vehicle. This is determined by the size of the dents, the number of dents and the location of the dents on your vehicle.
Give us a call at 816-229-3368 to find our closest facility